While traveling to this beautiful city Dubai, showcasing marvelous engineering excellence with natural beauty, you need to be aware of some important aspects before landing. Here they are:
VISA & CURRENCY NORMS
- Here, the Embassy only issues visas for diplomatic or certain business visits. While visas for tourists and business travelers are arranged via the sponsor including transit visas. Business visits are made by invitation only.
- It is mandatory for a traveler to have a copy of his visa with him before boarding the plane to visit Dubai. Also, a visitor visa is valid for 55 days from the time of entry into the UAE, which can be renewed for one additional month at extra charges.
- Dirham is the official UAE currency and Arabic is the national language. It’s recommendable to keep some coins and small dirham denominations in one’s wallet.
- As Dubai strictly follows Islamic culture and law, it should be respected by all travelers. Any offence, by words or deeds, against Islam can lead to legal troubles.
- During the holy month of Ramadan, non-Muslims are prohibited from eating, drinking or smoking in public.
- Men and women in Dubai have freedom to wear what they want; however, beachwear and bikinis are better limited to hotel beaches. Also, topless bathing is banned and public displays of affection or sexual act can send you behind the bars.
- Though alcohol is widely available, its consumption is not allowed at public places and while driving. In case of using drugs, the penalties are extremely harsh up to death penalty, if anyone is found with the slightest amount of any such substance. To avoid inflow of banned drugs into the country, passenger baggage is screened meticulously when entering Dubai.
TRANSPORTATION / DRIVING NORMS
- Taxis or rented vehicles are one of the most easily available means of transportation within the city. It is advisable to have a complete city map to avoid getting into any trouble due to lack of knowledge.
- Self driving in UAE is strictly for those who possess valid International Driver’s Permit along with his / her national driving license. Foreign licenses are permitted only to those who are a citizen or bona fide resident of the country issuing the license. It is very important to follow UAE’s driving rules and drive on the right-hand side of the carriageway.
- Traffic rules needs to be followed strictly while driving and crossing roads as a pedestrian.
- The best time to visit Dubai is between October and April as the weather is conducive being dry and temperature remains around 26 degree Celsius.
- Being the Shopping Hub of the world, January and February are the months of Dubai Shopping Festival.
- Burj Khalifa, Burj al-Arab Hotel, Dubai Mall, Palm Island and Desert Safari are some of the best places to visit for a traveler.
Introducing the new "Paracord Grenade" survival tool.
Did you like the article? Subscribe to our Alexa Flash Briefing Skill